Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Does SQL Server 2005 exsit the trigger ?

When the database starts,I want to startup a trigger to do something,how can I do ?

I know there are two kinds of trigger in SQL Server 2005 ,one is DML trigger and the another is DDL trigger

Could you tell me ,Is there a trigger for database level in SQL Server 2005 ?

I know there is this kind of trigger in oracle .

Sure, in SQL 2005 you can create DDL triigers on DATABASE (even SERVER), please take a look at this link:
CREATE TRIGGER (Transact-SQL)|||

Hi,friend

I just want to know whether the instance started or not.

If the instance started ,I would monitor a table ,the trigger is not the kind of DDL

|||OK, how will you monitor the table? Then you can create a sp to "monitor" the table, and configure it as startup stored procedure using?sp_procoption.?You?can take a look at this link:
Automatic Execution of Stored Procedures

No comments:

Post a Comment