Thursday, March 29, 2012

does sql server collect stats on full table scans?

Hi all. Anyone know if sql server collects stats on how many full
table scans a table gets and if so how do I get at those stats? Trying
to track down poorly indexed tables / processes and I am guessing that
sql server does have this data secreted away somewhere much like my
db2 and informix databases do.On 20 Oct 2004 06:41:51 -0700, sumGirl wrote:

> Hi all. Anyone know if sql server collects stats on how many full
> table scans a table gets and if so how do I get at those stats? Trying
> to track down poorly indexed tables / processes and I am guessing that
> sql server does have this data secreted away somewhere much like my
> db2 and informix databases do.

There is a performance counter under the "SQL Server:Access Methods"
category called "Full Scans/sec". Unfortunately nothing cumulative as far
as I can see. You could do a trace against your database, set an alert for
Full Scans/sec > 0 and see what was happening at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment