Thursday, March 29, 2012

Does sql server has BIF like sleep()?

Dear all:
Does sql server has BIF like vb sleep()?
I want to use this kind of function to balance the sql server loading,
or do you have better way to implement this task?
thanks for your kindly assistance
regards,
Stanley HuangIt has WAITFOR.. but honestly, if you think you can write code that handles load better than the engine, you are a brave man....|||Originally posted by byrmol
It has WAITFOR.. but honestly, if you think you can write code that handles load better than the engine, you are a brave man....
dear byrmol:
Thanks for your reply.
As the matter of the fact, because I have a data transfer from text file to db, and the file is very big.
Then it spend me a lot of time to insert, and at the moment, the client still query the db.
That's why I want to split the process, or the user will complain about the query performance.
Would you please advise me if sql server can set the priority level of specific account, if I can down grade the priority of data transfer program, then I will not use the waitfor function to control the loading.

regard for your reply.

and thanks for your kindly assistance again... ^^

Stanley Huang

No comments:

Post a Comment