Thursday, March 29, 2012

Does SQL Server support compressed drive?

Hi, all,

I try to start SQL Server, but I got the Error in "ERRORLOG":

Starting up database 'master'.

The file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\mastlog.ldf" is compressed but does not reside in a read-only database or filegroup. The file must be decompressed.

Error: 5118, Severity: 16, State: 1.

That means, I have to decompress the file "mastlog.ldf", right?

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance!

it means somebody has changed the OS level setting of this folder or it parent folder... In property of the folder

in General Tab Press Advance button and see whether "Compress Contents to Save disk " option is choosed ... if it is there then remove that

Madhu

|||

Thank you! Madhu,

yes, I have done, It works

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment