Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Does Sql Server 2005 Installation create a default instance?

Hello everybody!

I have recently installed Sql Server 2005 Enterprise Edition on my PC and I have noticed that it has not installed a default instance. I have tried to do this several times even in some other PC but no default instance is installed.

I can get a default instance if I install Sql Server 2000 but this is not the same I guess. Is there any way to install the default instance via Sql Server 2005?

Do you have already a SQL Server instance installed on the system ?

Jens K. Suessmeyer

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||

Are u able to install Named Instance? if not Check the OS. Enterprise Edition need Server Version of OS. Otherwise u can only install client component.

Madhu

|||Well, as I mentioned before I have installed Sql Server 2005 in several computers but I can explain you some of the cases:
1. In my computer I had already installed Sql Server 2000 and I had created two other instances except the default instance (LOCAL). Then I installed Sql Server 2005.
As a matter of fact I want to make a web synchronization for a merge replication. But I can not configure the merge replication for web synchronization because the database and its instance seems to be in SQL server 2000. That's why I want an 2005 sql server instance.

2. I have also uninstalled Sql Server 2000 and all of its instances from my computer, and I have reinstalled Sql Server 2005. But no default instance was created.

3. I have also installes Sql Server 2005 in another PC which had no instace installed, but the results were the same.

What should I do?

|||Do you mean I can not create any instance if my OS is Windows XP?
|||

Yes if you are installing Enterprise Edition it will not install Services on Windows XP. You can install Standard or any other Edition

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/enterprise/sysreqs.mspx

Madhu

|||Thank U
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment