Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Does SQL Server 7 has anything to do with JVM?

I hava a MSDN Universal subscription. I was told the reason I can't get a copy of SQL Server 7 from Microsoft is because the "Java settlement". Does anyone know why?
According to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodS, SQLServer7 is supported until Dec 31, 2005. I do not understand why Microsoft is still supporting it but us developers can not get a copy!Hi,
The http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodS states
that SQL 7 will be supported till Dec 2005, but the availibility of SQL 7
was only till March 99.
HTH
Ashish
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||My understanding March 1, 1999 is the General Availibility (GA) date, or the first shipping date, not the last day it will be shipped.|||Hi,
I am sorry, it was my mistake.
Your understanding is correct.
The Softwares like (SQL 7) is still supported to benefit the existing users
of it.
Ashish
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment